Friday, June 13, 2008

I don't remember the first piece of furniture I bought and the most exciting thing that's ever happened in my neighborhood involved me and I'm sure no one, including me, wants to relive that one. Enough said. We are finally cooling down this week after a heat wave last week. It was over 95 for 5 straight days with intense humidity. Just a little reminder of what's coming. But with the heat came all the flowers and the garden is growing like crazy now. I can hardly wait for fresh corn. We have already had several salads with our lettuce.We are also having some fun with the cicadas this year. After dealing with them in Maryland a few years back they are not so gross this year. They make a lot of noise and are not afraid of anything. Emma caught some for me the other day and saved them for me in a bowl. And Zack likes to play with them on the driveway.


We spent a great weekend with Heidi and family just before they moved. It was very exciting to see Jason graduate and the excitement wasn't dampened at all by the plumber on the stage:). The kids had a great time messing up the house and we all just sat around trying to beat the heat. I hope they are happy in their new home.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Gotta love the south! :) The blooms are so worth it if you can stand to be outside long enough to look at them. :) I'm guessing that the humidity there is just like it is here

Holly Emerson said...

That magnolia is perfect! I wish I could smell it. You're kids are gross. I think cicadas are the most disgusting bugs, and they play with them! Yuck!