Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'm Back

The day before graduation, Jason commissioned (again) into the Air Force--this time as a captain.

All of us making the walk to the very impressive, though hot, Burruss Hall on VT campus

Just after the ceremony.


Wow. I have missed a lot being off line for a week!! Jason finally graduated from medical school and we are living in Pennsylvania. Graduation was hot, as Amy said, but great. I was glad some of my family could be there. We appreciated their sitting in the heat for the 2 1/2 hour ceremony.
We have been working non-stop trying to get things done around this house before Jason starts work in a week and we never see him again. We've been fighting a losing battle against carpenter bees, so Tere, if you have something for them, please let me know. Terro works great on ants. We have installed lots of blinds, torn out some carpet, and emptied, cleaned, and filled our pool (turns out our pool filter needs a new cord, though) and unpacking millions of boxes. It's lots of fun.
By the way, Nickell, I have been married to my HOT husband for 11 years now. You were close.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

how exciting to graduate! Congrats Jason on being done and getting recommissioned!

p.s. nothing for the bees yet, but I'll ask around. I'm very glad the terro worked though :)

Unknown said...

YAY JASON! Isn't that a great feeling?! And your pool will be lots of fun once you get going. Replacing parts will be a normal thing, though.