Monday, June 23, 2008

Mindy's Date Memory

Jason was really the only one I dated, and he was pretty creative. One
time he got his '48 Pontiac Silver Streak running and picked me up for a
dance in that. It was a neat car, but needed a lot of work and he worked
hard to get it going for that date. Another time he had me help him make
some tin foil dinners "for a friend" and we took them to a campsite,
where we were supposed to leave them for the friend as a surprise for his
date. Well, I was the friend, and we stayed there and cooked our foil
dinners in a fire. That was fun.

The most memorable date was early in our relationship. He called me one
night before Christmas and asked if I'd help his family decorate the
Christmas tree. I said sure, and he said his brother would pick me up.
Apparently he was at work. So I'd met his brother once, and his mom
once, but that was my introduction to the rest of the family. On the way
to their house I was talking to Mark and told him I thought it was very
weird to be going when Jason wouldn't even be there. Mark replied that
Jason had a habit of inviting whatever girl he was dating at the time to
family events. Even better, I got Jason's bag of ornaments to put on the
tree since he wasn't there to do it. Jason finally showed up about an
hour into the date, and we had banana cookies and hot chocolate by the
fire.

No comments: