Thursday, June 5, 2008

Teresa's Neighborhood Experience

I really don't remember anything big ever happening in my neighborhoods. The most interesting thing that happens here is our next door neighbor. He's a little off and yells at his chickens (real chickens) at all hours of the day and night. It's a given that he will be arrested once a month for one random thing on another.

Before I moved here though, the only things I can remember are the neighborhood ruckuses I caused. You know, flooding my house, making mom's dress into confetti, stuff like that. Then, when I got a bit older we used to terrorize the neighbors because my best friend and I used to make up these ridiculous songs and choreograph it. Then we would perform in the middle of the street at Broadway volume. We discovered very early on that nonsensial songs were a lot more irritating than most things and our neighbors knew it. (if anyone doubts me, ask April about the "Broccoli must die" song JD and I made for her). Nothing horrible or really exciting stands out though. We lived in pretty quiet neighborhoods (most on base).

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I feel the need to mention something. There is probably alot that happened when I was young, but I was a very self centered child (i say was haha). My next door neighbors house probably could have imploded and I have wouldn't notice unless I left something in there. That sounds so bad, but I don't want my mom or siblings to hop on here and make me look crazy by giving a great story. :)

Unknown said...

Haha! I love the songs in the road! I think you and Tara and Spencer would get along just great!!

Teresa said...

We can perform a medley for you one day. It'll be a blast. I haven't done that in a couple years though. I figured I'd stop because Derek kept raising one eyebrow to me and telling me I was wierd. He's catching on though. While we were waiting in the car on Keith one day, he made up a whole song (beats and everything) about how he had to go to the bathroom and daddy needed to hurry up. No dances yet, but it will come in time. :)