Thursday, June 19, 2008

Holly's Answers

I am a little behind on the question thing, so I will first answer the one I never got to. The most dramatic thing I can remember happening in our neighborhood when I was growing up was when my friend's little brother was playing "chicken" with cars on Briargate Boulevard and he lost. He flew about 100 feet when he got hit. His house was right around the corner, so his mom got there very quickly and started CPR. If I remember correctly, his aorta had dissected, so he was dead pretty much immediately. He was 15 years old.
On a happier note, my favorite color is still green, my favorite flower is still the orchid (yes, I'm still an addict), I love to swim, read, play computer games with my husband, and play with Shannon.
As for roommates, well, I have had over 50 of them in my life (counting mission companions) so I don't know if there is anything I didn't learn. I learned to be very grateful for my parents because they obviously taught me a lot more than most parents do these days. I could rewire a lamp, whereas very few of my roommates even knew how to change a light bulb (and I'm not exaggerating! Nickell can attest to this). I learned a lot of patience from all of them. One important thing I learned is how to pick my battles. I think that is an important quality to have in a marriage and in parenthood. I am very capable of overlooking the small things and being able to put things in perspective. Even though I had some very trying experiences, I wouldn't trade them now for anything.

No comments: