Monday, June 2, 2008

Mindy's Answer

No. Actually, it wasn't on our block, but in our ward very soon after we moved to Colorado the bishop's daughter died of cancer I think. She was only 8 years old, and I was 6. That is my first memory of a funeral. I was scared, but also sad for her and her family. I didn't know her, but I remember how she looked. So peaceful and beautiful in a white dress. I don't even know if my memory is right, but that's how I remember it. There was another death of a young person I remember. It was Collette Nelson, who was a year or two older than I, and apparently interested in David. We were all teenagers. She was riding in a pickup truck, joyriding after school. They were going too fast, the truck flipped and she was killed. That was so sad. Amy sang at her funeral. I don't know how she did it. There were lots of weddings and babies, but they were usually in our own family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Heidi Vorwaller was the bishop's daughter, but I remember her being closer to 12. Although, after everything I didn't bring this weekend I guess nobody (including me) is going to trust my memory. I remember her looking nothing like herself. All the treatments made her swell. She was really a very cute girl.

bjlauritz said...

Hi, my name is Barry Lauritzen, my grandfather was Fulmer Lauritzen of the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, and was born I believe in 1900 or 1901. That's the extent of my knowledge of my family tree, and I was wondering if anyone in your family knew anything about my branch (if branch it be). If so, I would be extremely grateful for any info that you could pass on. My e-mail: bjlauritz@hotmail.com.