Thursday, May 15, 2008

Heidi's Answer to A Prayer

Answers to my prayers? Wow. That's a really personal question. I can write things like that in my journal, but having it published for everyone to read is a whole new thing. Suffice it to say that I feel very blessed and have prayers answered every day. I can tell a story about Ashley, though. We were driving back to Blacksburg from the Raleigh airport two summers ago and it was raining harder than I ever remember it raining in my life. It was almost dark outside and the rain on the windshield made visibility impossible. We couldn't afford to stop anywhere for the night, so we just kept pushing through hoping it would let up. In the west, a rain storm like like would never last for more than a few minutes, but here in the east you can never tell. The van had hydroplaned a few times making all of us were very nervous. Then it seemed that in a matter of seconds the rain just stopped and the skies cleared. As soon as that happened Ashley told us that she said a prayer and asked for the rain to stop, so that's why it stopped. She still remembers this and shares the experience regularly in church and with friends.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

What a beautiful story.