Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mindy's Answer to a Prayer

I agree with Heidi. This is a very personal question. I'm not screening them, just pulling them out. My most memorably obvious answers to prayer have been about money. That's always been a big concern to me for some reason, even as a child. There was a time early in our marriage when I lost my job and Jason was working at a car wash because that was all he could find. It wasn't working. We prayed and continued to pay tithing,and one day a check showed up from Dad. He didn't know how much we needed, just that we needed, and it was enough to get us through. The other big time was when Jason was more or less unemployed, and we were getting behind on the bills, and Christmas was right around the corner.We prayed that some work would come along or there would be another way for us to make ends meet and have a good Christmas for our kids. We got a package from Jeny the same week. She'd initiated a collection in our behalf, to which all of my brothers and sisters, parents, and Grandma Lauritzen contributed. It was unbelievable. Makes me cry now to think about it. Another time I can think of wasn't about money. I'd been praying about something serious and not getting an answer. I was getting discouraged that prayer didn't work after all and that Heavenly Father didn't really care about me. Depression was setting in to the point that I wasn't functioning and my family was suffering. I was at a real low when Dad called out of the blue for no apparent reason, just to tell me he loved me and was thinking about me, and felt he needed to call me.That may seem insignificant, but at the time it meant the world to me, and it was enough to keep me going.

No comments: