Friday, May 2, 2008

Just thought I would show off some of the beauty and wonder that is Virginia in the springtime. Too bad a picture doesn't do it justice. The tulip trees are done and now our dogwoods are in full bloom. Sure wish everyone lived out here so we could stay in the east! I'm kind of wondering why anyone would want to go back to the west after living here in the green. They had sprinkler systems at our resort in Florida and I had almost forgotten what sprinklers sound like. I don't miss having to water things.

This is a Wisteria tree (I think) down the street from us that didn't bloom last year because of a freeze. This is a much better spring!! It distracts me a little when I drive past it....


Here is a clematis that I watch for every year, too. I can't wait to be growing these things on my own house!! Hopefully the PA growing season is long enough.
Wish everyone could be here to enjoy the flowers.

Love,
Heidi

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I completely know what you mean! I absolutely love spring here in arkansas. I want everyone to move this way too! Whisteria is one of my favorite vine. It grows on everything here and it smells so neat when it in full bloom like that. Beautiful pictures