Wednesday, May 7, 2008

High School For Teresa

Each year of high school was a little different, so I'll do each year separately
Freshman year my best friend Sabrina and I were joined at the hip. We did everything and nothing together. I don't remember us doing a whole lot, mostly just being dorks on our street. I got my permit that year and drove everywhere. Freshman year was also when dad was in Korea and mom got pregnant with Nico.
Sophmore year I got my licence and I got to start dating, so I forgot where my home was pretty much. I was always out driving around with my friends or with Aaron (he was the boyfriend). I didn't really have a care in the world. The thing I can remember the clearest is mom sending Sabrina and me to HEB in the middle of the night to get shrimp.
Junior and Senior year were pretty much the same. I hated school (we moved to Colorado and I didn't get along with most people), loved ROTC and loved sleeping in, even though I always missed a few minutes of first period. Erika was my best friend. She lived down the street from me. We went everywhere together. She had a Camaro so we usually took her car everywhere. I'm not going to lie, we caused ALOT of ruckus. I think those last 2 years of my schooling are the reason my dad has grey hair. :) Aside from being a troublemaker, i was very active in JROTC. I loved it. I was a flight commander and always doing something with the color guard. We raised alot of money for the corp. When Erika and I got bored, we were hanging out at ROTC.
I was pretty much the laziest teenager alive (well aside from JD, he is definitely more lazy than I was).
Just like Heidi, I would never want to go back. I love having kids and being a mom much more than any day in high school.

-Teresa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

is there a teenager that is not lazy? I want to trade mine for that model! Tere, I love hearing about you. This is a great way to get to know you! Thanks for all your posts!

Teresa said...

My sister wasn't lazy during school. She was always up before the sun! :) She was very active in everything and when she wasn't doing some school event she was at home eating healthy and getting in shape for the academy. She used to make me so sick! :) We still got along, but she was the ONLY teenager I met that didn't sleep in until 2pm every chance they got :)