Friday, May 16, 2008

Holly's Answer to a Prayer

One experience that sticks out in my mind is my first day in the mission field. We were all taken to a local church for the transfer meeting to meet our trainers (our first companions), and as we sat in that meeting learning about all of the things that would be expected of us, I began to have the worst panic attack of my life. I suddenly couldn't fathom waking up at 6:30 every day for the next year and a half and having to talk to total strangers in a language that I didn't yet know. Talking to strangers in English was hard enough for me! I VERY nearly stood up to ask if I could be sent home. I prayed as hard as ever, and our new companions were brought in the room. I found out that I was going to be with two companions, and for some reason that was exactly what I needed. My nerves instantly calmed and I felt very certain that I was right where I was supposed to be. I was only with them for 8 weeks, but those two companions kept me in the mission field and I still keep in contact with both of them.

No comments: