Wednesday, May 7, 2008

High School For Jeny

What a horrible thing for a journal entry. I don't know many people who enjoyed high school - but Dad probably did. He's weird that way. I hated it. I was in the first class to go all 4 years to Rampart High. We had early morning seminary with Dad as my teacher. I won't say anything more about that, except that I'm glad his hair is thinning so it doesn't stick out in the back when he wakes up anymore. (but I really do love you, Dad!) I had all sorts of "fun" in high school with crazy "cholas" (spansih gang wanna-be gals) threatening me to ultra nutty gay musical people genuflecting on the ground in front of me between classes. I reallly did try to be as unnoticible as possible unless I was trying out for a play, but with all the weirdos in Colorado Springs it wasn't always possible. I was one of the weird-music-and-art people. I had very nerdy friends, I guess that's because I was very nerdy. I never rode the bus because that was not at all cool (even us nerds knew that). I got a ride from whomever I could to get to school from seminary and walked home through the - what would you call it? desert gully? - to get home. Once in a while I could bumm a ride from a friend, and we would always hit the bump on Briargate as fast as we could so the car would go flying for a minute. Very fun! I believe they have flattened the bump some since then. Too bad. Jazzercise comes to mind once I got home, then eat whatever I could find and go to bed because I was so dang tired all the time. Music was very important, too - Michael Jackson (Thriller years), Wham, Howard Jones, Prince, Madonna, Lionel Richie. Ah, I lived during the golden years of music!

-Jeny

1 comment:

Nickell said...

I think you forgot to mention your memorable role as Maria with your flaming co-star!