Wednesday, May 7, 2008

High School For Nickell

Um I went to two high schools. Both were completely different, which resulted in my typical days being completely different. In Provo I loved, loved, LOVED high school! I thought those were the best days of my life! I had lots of friends. The classes themselves were boring, but I had my friends in all my classes, so it turned out to be fun anyway! I played tennis, and just had fun. And then there was California. I did not enjoy one second of high school there. I made a decision to get out of there as soon as possible. I went from release time for seminary in Utah, to 5:50 am seminary in California. (I barely graduated seminary) And with the seminary teachers, I went from teachers that were there because that's what they wanted to do, it wasn't a calling, they wanted to do it, and they were all amazing, to teachers that were there because it was their calling, and they weren't so good. Falling asleep in seminary in California was not uncommon for me!!! Tennis in California was fun, but not my coach. She was a beast, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't like boys. To make it worse, her last name was Lords. Coach Lords. Luckily I met Aaron half way through my junior year. So after school my time was pretty much occupied by spending time with him. Then senior year I only stayed half a year, I got out of there as soon as possible. Then moved to Utah to get my "on my own experience" before Aaron and I got married! That was a fun semester mostly because I wasn't in school. But it was pretty miserable being in a different state than Aaron! Then I returned home to walk in graduation. And that was it!

1 comment:

allysa said...

coach lords. oh my goodness. I remember that lady. She WAS a beast. Ha. Well all i have to say is that i am glad you came to California or we wouldnt be friends. We had some fun times! :) I still remember meeting you, when you first moved in. Haha. And hanging out in front of your house with my brown honda and panda express! oh man.