Monday, May 5, 2008

May!

I Love May! Birthdays and nice weather and flowers everywhere. The dogwoods here, like Heidi's house, are just gorgeous! Someday I will have a yard full of them. Alex got a bearded dragon for his birthday and wanted to put a picture of him on the website. His name is Chuck and he is so cute!!
He is pretty young but very healthy and playful. He gets very excited whenever someone goes into his room. He loves the crickets and emal worms and kale. And he likes to lay in his water bowl and then run through the sand. I think I am having more fun with him than any of the kids. I must check on him at least 10 times a day. We have about 3 weeks of school left and I can't wait. The pool will be opening soon and the kids are chomping at the bit to go swimming. Our women's barbershop group (they think it's funny when I call it beauty shop) has it's first gig on Thursday. They must really be desperate for entertainment around here because we have only been formed for 6 weeks and are already booked through Christmas! I have also been invited to sing with the Kentucky Opera in their production of Otello in September. I am still waiting for the contract to see what the pay is but am excited at the prospect. I hope everyone is well. I know Lori is trying to plan to have a family reunion in a few years but I hope we don't have to wait until then to get out there and see everyone. We sure miss being close to family. Maybe our next move will be further west.
Amy

2 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I want to hold him while he's still little. This is why I need a boy, although I think my kids would be more ok with a reptile in the home than their dad would!

Unknown said...

YAY! He's so cute! Happy dragoning, Al!