Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lori's a Nut Too!

I thought high school was a lot of fun (Mrs. Kronke aside)! I attended three different high schools. Bingham High in South Jordan for Freshman and half of Sophmore year. There I had released time seminary, was part of the debate team and the all-important-to-my-life Minerettes. I also started my first job at Godfather's Pizza at the end of my Frosh year. (Yes, in the old days they let you work at age 14!) Boys were always part of the mix, much to my parents' dismay - and much to mine were the endless diapers (not disposable, mind you), cereal bottles, dinner time battles, "please watch [insert name]", and tag-along siblings. Then we moved to Colorado and I went to Air Academy High and spent my senior year at Rampart as part of the first graduated class of that school. It was at Air Academy that I got into choir and drama - and, continued the boy fixation! It was also when we started early morning seminary. Then at Rampart I added National Honor Society president and Spanish Club president all the while continuing with singing, plays, work and seriously dating Dave Rodriguez. This was also when Dad began teaching seminary - not my first choice as an embarrassed teenager and lover of sleep. With Dad as the teacher I HAD to go because I couldn't use the excuse of no ride, and I, of course, had to have clothes, hair and make-up just so...getting up at 4:15 am was a must and Kristi wasn't having any of it so we fought because I always got up first and took all the hot water. Also, we had to have our assigned chores done and have family breakfast and prayer (ew-w-w-w, cracked wheat cereal with plumped up crock pot raisins!!)

In short, there was no typical day. Every day was different according to which meeting, date, service project (usually babysitting for free), babysitting job or work schedule I was on. Life was a blur all in the hopes of growing up quickly. Now, I can't for the life of me figure out for what, exactly, I was in such a hurry!!

-Lori

4 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

Whoa, whoa whoa!! did we really ever have family breakfast together? Most days I don't even remember eating breakfast at all.

Holly Emerson said...

I still like wheat cereal! The fatter the raisins, the better!

Teresa said...

That's funny. That's exactly how I pictured you in high school :)

Unknown said...

wheat cereal? NASTY!!!!