Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heidi's Thmells....

I think Mindy covered all of mine with the exception of my absolute favorite smell in the world...pine! Christmas isn't Christmas without the house smelling like the tree. I loved walking in the house after school and being assaulted by the smell of our tree. Jason and I have always had an artificial tree because we got it as a wedding gift and have never bothered to spend actual money on a real tree. (Those things are expensive!!) So I have improvised over the years with pine sprays, candles, oils, anything that claims it smells like a Christmas tree. The best one is the Salt City candle, of course, and I have really grown to love the Victorian Christmas Salt City candle as well. Having a great smelling home has always been important to me. It's the first impression people get when they walk in, so I like mine to smell good. I'll bake banana or zucchini bread just to make to house smell great. I also do Kristi's trick of simmering spices like cinnamon, allspice, and cloves to make it smell like the holiday season.
Peonies or lilacs are my favorite flower smells. I love lavender, spearmint-eucalyptus, pretty much everything at Bath and Body Works. Smells are great.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

weird. I wonder how I did that? anyway, what I was trying to say was that I guess I should try the salt city candles - maybe. Would it smell up my house for a long time if I just light it for a few minutes? Mark kinda gets upset (finger wiggle style) when I open the windows in the winter.

Parkinson Family said...

Yes, they smell strong enough for long enough that I can't recommend it for your sensitive sinus. Just come to my house for a few minutes to experience it.

Unknown said...

oh, ok. I'll be right over. :)