Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mindy's Pets

I only ever had one pet that I remember being my own. It was one of the guinea pig babies from Amy and Butch, Amy's pets. I don't even remember what I named it. But I didn't take care of it very well and it starved to death. Other than that we had Puffy, BJ, Cheeky, Penny (who BJ killed), the rabbit, fish, ducks, a turtle for a while, which "ran away". It's kind of funny, because I'm really not a pet person, even though there were always lots of pets when we were growing up. Jonah is desperate for a dog. He's coming up on his 6th birthday next year, which is the pet birthday in our house, and he's determined that he's going to get a dog. I've said I won't have a dog in the house, but in this mobile park outside dogs are not allowed. There's even a size limit. We've managed to talk the other 3 kids out of wanting a dog. We'll see what happens next summer... .


2 comments:

Unknown said...

maybe he wants two beautiful white cats instead? :)

Teresa said...

I think every boy wants a dog... except my littlest brother who tells everyone he's allergic! (and he's not... not even a little bit)