Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lori's Thmells

Okay, I'm late, but I have a good excuse. I just got back from a medical conference in Dallas this past week and I had no internet connection!!

I think my favorite smell of all is clean baby, but there are many close on the heels. After a rain in the mountains that are covered in "shaking aspirins", clean sheets rinsed in Downy, Febreeze - anywhere, Chanel No. 5, CINNAMON, any fresh herb being minced, roasted garlic, the antiseptic smell of the O.R., the Pacific ocean, Rainbath body wash...the list is endless.

My kids (and ex-husband) knew they couldn't go wrong, if they couldn't think of a present for Christmas or birthdays etc, if they got me some "good smelly stuff" (April's term).

On another note, for those that are interested, José comes home on Sunday from Iraq.

J.D. has been cleared for the Air Force through the recruiter. He has to go for his physical on Monday. Keep him in your prayers because he really wants this!

Thanks!
Lori

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, that just made my stomache flip-flop. JD going in the airforce, I mean. Is he too tall to fly? He will be in my prayers. I hope he gets what he wants!

Lori said...

Yes, he's too tall to fly (pilot or navigator), but he wants to work on the hydraulic jet engines. He passed the medical exam today and was sworn in. Now we wait for a week or so to see when he leaves and what job he'll get.

Thanks to all for your prayers. He's a very happy young man this evening!