Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Heidi's Pets

Last weeks responses were great! It just shows how much we all missed it the week before. I didn't have any pet that was "mine". Holly, Matt and I did talk Mom into getting a rabbit, though. We guessed it was a girl and named her honey bunny. She was very fun at first to hold and play with, but eventually she got big enough that her claws scratched way too much. I still have scars on my arms. She also got very dirty from sitting in her own feces, so she smelled bad and no one ever held her. I had to thaw out her water bottle each morning because it froze every night during the winter. That was a pain. I will never let my kids get a rabbit. Yuck. Cute to look at, but that's where it ends. Lucky for my kids we live where there is a family of rabbits living in the backyard. We can look at them and try catching them, but they take care of themselves!!
I will claim BJ as mine even though Dad and Jeny would say otherwise. I bathed her regularly (probably too much) and I have several early journal entries written about my day with BJ. She was my best friend for a long time. The longest life span of a bulldog on record is 13 years, and I think that's actually how long BJ lived, isn't it, Dad? Pretty impressive. I think it's all because of my love for her. She didn't get sick until I left home. Dogs are the best pets in the world and I hope to own a Great Dane, Boston Terrier and of course, another bulldog some day. Mindy, let your boy have a dog!

No comments: