Saturday, September 20, 2008

Our Bounty

I just wanted to share with you what I got out of my garden in the last few days. We picked the grapes and Sunflowers on Thursday, and everything else today (Saturday). Included are zuchinni, carrots, lettuce, rhubarb, tomatoes, beans, cucumbers (pickling and some long variety), green and purple peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, and potatoes. Not included are the peas, because they are only good fresh, so I already ate them. I was on the phone with Mom while I cut the rhubarb, and there was a snake at the base of the plant. He was about 2 feet long, and didn't move except for his tongue, while I sawed the stalks right next to his body. Weird animal!

-Jeny

6 comments:

Teresa said...

How fun! (and wierd because of the snake) I wish I could garden. The only thing I have successfully grown is green beans. SAD!

Amy said...

I want to live in Utah! I would love to come pick your garden with you! It looks beautiful and yummy. Do you eat all those vegetables?? I would love to cut up that Zucchini and put it on the grill.

Unknown said...

Tere, you need to come live here!! I have such a hard time getting beans to grow. I think I'm a little bit bean-disabled! and yes, we eat all the veges. The others in the family don't always know they're eating them, but they do. bwahaha!

Teresa said...

Can you do pumpkins and watermelons? Those are the ones I wasnt to grow the most, but our ground is too wet and they rot before they grow big. Suggestions?

Unknown said...

we can do watermelons, but they are really small since we frost too early here. Pumpkins grow fine. I get those round paving stones and put the pumpkin on top of it when it just starts growing. That way it sits upright, and fewer slugs get them. This year Spencer planted a pumpkin that turned out to be a zucchini, so we have way to much of that and no pumpkins. :(

Grandma said...

Oh no, Sad. You've had such nice pumpkins. For slugs put a lid of beer by them and they die. We can't grow pumpkins, squash, or watermelon. I got 4 yellow squash and 1 poor zuccini. But I got tomatoes. Made some yummy pizza sauce.