Tuesday, November 25, 2008

About Teresa

Well, lets start at the beginning... I was born November 5th at Penrose... ha just kidding. I was the oldest child, so refer to my mom as far as bossiness and "has to go my way-ness" as far as that's concerned. I was by all means not nice to my siblings alot of the time. I used to come up with evil games to harrass them. We played nicely sometimes, but usually it was at someones expense. As a teenager, I was a bit (well alot) crazy. I was not a smart teenager and made bad choices, but they sculped a large part of who I am now. I did get along great with my siblings then. I have always enjoyed being spontaneous and I like randomness. I don't like every day to be the same. I have an amazing ability to have fun doing anything (literally- even cleaning the toilet) even if everyone else is bored. I really like going to things that may seem dull because its usually alot of fun and there is usually not alot of people. I do enjoy being around other people though. I have always been overly chatty and it's usually about stuff that no one cares about. I love being outside. It is so much fun. It pains me that I have never seen any large wild animals except deer. I really want to see some elk this year and would be super excited to ever see a bear or mountain lion in the wild. Animals fascinate me. If I didn't have any kids, I don't think I would ever be stateside because Keith and I would be bushwacking the amazon or trekking across Australia (which I so want to do- even with kids). For now though, I'll settle for the local state parks which are amazing. This winter we're planning on going down to the delta so I can see a cypress forest! YAY I hope I get to see wild alligators. Deserts are my favorite. The Great Sand Dunes are the best because its a desert in the mountains. In short, nature is amazing and my kids love it too. Then we get to my kids- the whole reason I wake up in the morning. They are the coolest. I love teaching them new things and I love how their personalities mirror Keith and mine. I LOVE hanging around Keith because he is my polar opposite so he keeps me in check most of the time. He loves nature too. Like Heidi, I love to learn. I had the worst time in college because I couldn't figure out what was the most interesting thing to learn. I never did pick a degree. I stay at home with the kids and play all day, but I can't wait to start working. I'm not a good cook but I enjoy trying. I love singing and dancing with the kids- and trying to get Keith to dance with us. I like holidays but not most holiday food. I love chocolate, but not chocolate covered fruit. Cockroaches creep me out and spiders fascinate me. I love dressing up and going out. Oh and reading! I love to read and love to listen to music. Music is great in all shapes and forms. Keith said I hate not knowing stuff- all stuff. If I have a question, I have to have an answer, which is why I love the internet. He said thats the biggest thing that stands out in his head. It also helps that Im married to an encyclopedia when it comes to cars, computers, anything mechanical and outdoors. I like creating things for people. I love costume jewelry and loud clothing. ( I never really realized how hard it is to pick out the bitties of your life) I think I'm done now. THE END

4 comments:

Parkinson Family said...

Tere, I will take you to Africa the next time I go so you can see some REALLY big animals. There is nothing more beautiful than a giraffe in the wild eating from an acatia tree at sunrise. The hippos waking you up every morning with their grunting is fun, too. We can go to New Zealand together, too.

Teresa said...

Okay fun!!! How about Australia? That has to be on the list. I want to see wild dingos, Kangaroos and Koalas. FUN

Unknown said...

are you going again, Heidi? I wanna go, too, ok? I can give shots and I'm pretty good at keeping kids with weird broken bones calm! I want to go to Africa!

Parkinson Family said...

Of course we're going again! It may be ten or twenty years from now, but we definately plan on making regular mission trips to third world countries. Everyone is welcome to join us, provided you pay your own way! I didn't see any broken bones, but there are plenty of kids who need your arm around them.