Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Teresa's Grandparents

First Grandpa and Grandma Lauritzen. Most of my young memories are in the old house and they're just little tidbits- mostly of what I did when we went to visit. It was usually at Christmas, so it was always so festive. I loved when Grandpa sang to me. I remember sitting in grandmas kitchen window, looking at Pikes Peak and all the pillows that the girls made and watching all the women cook dinner. I loved the family sing alongs. I mostly remember playing with Aunt Heidi and Holly- in their room or the hot tub. I vaguely remember sitting on the swing in the back of the yard swinging with grandma. We liked to go in the garden because she had sunflowers ( I LOVE sunflowers!) and snowpeas. I remember a yellow bird that used to drive me crazy every morning and BJ slobbering all over everything. Grandpa and all of us kids used to sit in the den and watch movies.
Next, abuelo y abuela. When I was really little, they had a doll that had candies in it. Every time I ate my dinner, I got to have a little candy. When I got a little older, it changed to dollar coins and I got to go to the local candy store and pick out my own candy (they have weird candy over there- I thought it was cool) We did alot of walking. I remember thinking all the pigeons where weird. I remember getting dressed up alot. When I was in 4th grade or so, Abuelo used to sit and do my summer reading assignments with me. He would teach me spanish, and I would teach him english. I used to think it was funny the way he pronounced things. Abuela used to let me help her hang the clothes on the wash line and would always bring me a really great sandwiches at night while I watched cartoons.
Oh! I forgot I used to play beauty shop with grandma and my mom! I loved beauty shop! I can't remember a whole lot, but if Im missing something obvious or there's something I did alot, I'd like to here it!

1 comment:

Parkinson Family said...

The Abuelita special! Bread, butter and sugar. I remember you making that all the time in Texas. I'm glad you remember playing in the hot tub. That was fun. I have a picture of it somewhere.