Monday, November 17, 2008

Mindy Feels Closest To....

I felt close to different siblings at different times. Probably first in my memory would come the twins because we were closest in age and played together. Dress ups, dancing with Puffy and Matt, Barbies, of course. We also shared the big waterbed and used to play parachute in it when we were supposed to be sleeping. Next would be Jeny right before she went to BYU. We shared a room, right? I got to visit her for a week at BYU. That was a fun time. That was the first time I got to wear makeup, and I was so tall that most of the students thought I was also a student. I think I was 11. Next was Amy. We also shared a room, but not for very long. We switched rooms around a lot, didn't we? She worked at the Margarita, and she let me drive her little Festiva when I was learning how to drive. I almost wrecked it at least once. Amy got my ears pierced for my 18th birthday, the day before my 18th birthday. Mom and Dad were very disappointed in me for that. Before I left for Ricks, Matt and I got really close. We'd take each other to lunch at the mall quite often (either Greek Gyros or Chic Fil A -- YUM), talked a lot and hung out a lot. When I was at Ricks I got to go to Utah several times and visit Kristi and her family. That was always a good break. It is so much fun to be with her and her family. We laugh the whole time. My memories of Lori at home are kind of embarrasing. She used to have me put Noxema on her back. She worked at McDonalds. That's not embarrasing, but just something I remember. Her lovely brown and orange uniform. One time I walked in on her and Kristi changing clothes in their room. I turned bright red and walked right back out. They thought it was funny. Memories with David are of playing (losing at) Risk and shooting down army guys on the hearth with rubber bands. Good times!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Poor Puffy! I think she must have had to dance with every single one of the nine of us!!

Unknown said...

I think it's funny that she wrote "dancing with puffy and Matt". Poor Matt, did we treat him like the dog?