Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Heidi Feels Closest to....

This could be a touchy subject! Of course I feel closest to my twin. We did everything together, had the same friends, ate the same foods, lived the same life for a lot of years. Even now I struggle to go places alone, from the simple trip to the grocery store to the scary flight into Colorado Springs. We are very different, but still needed each other. It has nothing to do with weird psychic vibes or anything like that, we were just accustomed to each other's presence to the point where it felt wrong to be without her. Matt was almost as close to me. The three of us were quite a team. I feel really bad for mom. We had some good times, though.
I guess a funny memory to share would be when the three of us got into some laxatives. Matt gave me and Holly these little pink candies and told us to try them. I chewed one up and told him I thought they were gross. He said to try sucking on it, but that only tasted worse. Pretty soon the three of us musketeers were all sitting naked in the bathtub together after a dose of ipecac, vomiting into a big pitcher that I'm pretty sure mom still uses. I remember that sick feeling so well!
Remember sitting by the Christmas tree and making funny faces while looking at our reflections in the ornaments? Does either one of you still do that, maybe with your kids? So funny. Hey, I have a question--remember the fun clubhouse dad built in the bedroom upstairs that we slept on top of? Does anyone have pictures of that? That was a blast.

5 comments:

Barry Lauritzen said...

Unfortunately, I don't think we ever took any pictures of that.

Unknown said...

took any pictures of what? the laxative bath? Nasty!

Lori said...

If only the laxatives were the only thing you guys ever fed each other...remember the dishwasher soap? The amazing thing is that even after the first taste, you both went back for more!!!
I think mom still proudly tells people (of course, only because you both made it out alive) that the poison control people in West Jordan knew her by name before she even identified herself.

Barry Lauritzen said...

No. No. I wouldn't want any pictures of that. I meant we didn't take any pictures of the playhouse in the twins bedroom. Boy, do you guys get confused easily!

Lloyd & Kristi said...

I don't want to see a picture of the laxative bath but I wish we had pictures of Lori's eyes super glued shut. That would be a good picture and a great memory we all shared with her from miles away!