Monday, November 3, 2008

Puzzled

Well, just to give you a brief overview, I have not been a nature person all my life. Since I have been married, I have encountered alot of wildlife, most of it I have no idea what it is. Since I'm so green, I like to find out about the stuff that I don't know (bugs, animals, plants etc). This little guy is giving me issues though. I can't figure out what kind of snake he is. The closest I have come is a Great Plains Rat Snake, but everywhere I've read they are supposed to be brown. It's not really important, but I would be very happy to know. So if you know a little about snakes or know anyone who does, please take a look!

-Teresa

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Looks like an eastern milk snake. Check out the picture online.

Lori said...

Yup, I think Erika got it. It's a gray rat snake. There's a good picture and description at: http://www.uga.edu/srelherp/snakes/elaobs.htm

Unknown said...

was he white on the bottom? because if he was, then it is definitly a rat snake. Spencer got to be real close to them when we lived in MO.

Teresa said...

That's what I really think it is. Supposedly though, they dont live in Arkansas. The people at the college said he's a rat snake and on the snakes of arkansas web forum they said racer. No one can agree! Oh well.