Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Where Teresa Likes to Live

So I've really had to think about this one. I have loved/hated everywhere I've lived. So I think I'll just list what I like about some places.
Texas probably ranks at the top in general. The people are the friendliest, more than any other place I've lived. I love the desert and heat and sun all the time. I love the small town fell even in the bigger cities (except Dallas and Houston- they're a little too much for me). In short, Texas is awesome.
Colorado Springs is a completely different breed. The people are fast paced and a little self centered. It's always on the go. Highly military town so I felt right at home. The scenery is AMAZING. The hiking is awesome, but other than that, you better have a million dollars if you want to live anywhere nice or do anything fun. There isn't much to do on little money.
Arkansas is beautiful in a different way than Colorado and Texas because its not a desert. There are trees and flowers everywhere. We have 3 big lakes withing 20 minutes of us. Cost of living is reasonable and there is alot to do that costs nothing or next to nothing. Not really a good place to live if you like shopping because the closest place for a good shopping spree is Dallas or Missouri. People here are a little close minded and very in your face about their church/religious views. The funny part is, they all must view their church as an exclusive club and if you show up, no one talks to you. Very weird.
All of them I like and all of them I dislike. My ideal place would be to move the rockies to Texas and have a nice deciduous forest with lakes 20 minutes away

2 comments:

Unknown said...

with a beach not more than 30 miles away, right? That would be ideal!

Teresa said...

I forgot about beach!