Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Amy's Brothers and Sisters

I love this question because we are not an expressive family in that way and this gives us a chance to be. I don't know why but we always have a hard time showing love and affection for one another, even though it is there. I feel close to all of my siblings in one way or another. I feel like I can call any one of you and any time for a chat and be comfortable doing it. I guess that comes from being somewhat in the middle, I got to know everyone. Lori has been a lifesaver a few times for me. I have lived with her twice and enjoyed really getting to know her both times. My fondest memory of her is when she was home from college and took me to see Yentl. That will always be one of my favorite movies. Kristi is just fun to talk to. She is so strong and sure in her convictions and beliefs and always makes me laugh. Jeny makes me laugh until I cry! We shared a room for a lot of years and have so many fond memories together. I love to reminisce with her. My favorite memory of David is when we were at Ricks together. We were so close, we talked on the phone for hours at a time and we were always glad to see each other. I will always cherish those few short months. Mindy and I did share a room for a short time but I don't remember much of it. I remember her sitting at the corner desk brushing her long beautiful hair or doing something with her oboe. I also remember her liking a freshman and thinking he was a jerk and not good enough for her. We never thought anyone would be and then Jason came along and proved us all wrong! Heidi and I never were close until she moved to Virginia. We have spent so much time together since then and I call her a lot now. She is a lot of fun and I love to visit with her family. And she has really good recipes! Holly and I have always been pretty close. She came with Mom to help out when I had Josh and was at my house on 9/11. She also came and stayed with me after I had surgery once. We love to spend time together eating and watching movies and playing with babies. And then there's Matt. I feel especially close to him I think because we understand things about each other that most of the rest don't. He is a good man and I love him to death! I love all of you to death. I think I was blessed to have something in common with all my siblings so I would have friends wherever I go, and for that I am eternally grateful.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

well, Heidi, if you have really good recipes why aren't they on the blog? I need good recipes!

Amy said...

Look in the cookbook for the chicken almond pasta, sooooo good! But you'll have to cut up some onions for it.

Parkinson Family said...

My recipes are all in the book mom sent out and most are in Amy's name!! The molten chocolate cakes--mine. The vodka chicken--yeah, mine.

Amy said...

I actually called mom and told her to put those under your name-I thought she did!? Now I have to go look...okay the vodka chicken has your name on it, and so do the molten chocolate cakes. So there!

Parkinson Family said...

Hey, Jeny, instead of having to cut up onions, just use the dried minced onions. No tears, tastes great.

Parkinson Family said...

Oh, and Amy, I don't know what version of the cookbook you got from mom, but the one I got has your name on my recipes. I just looked to make sure, and it's there. Maybe she only changed it on yours.

Amy said...

Maybe you didn't get the revised version. She sent us one copy and asked if there were any corrections to be made and I think no one responded but me.

Unknown said...

amy, the new version that she just emailed me doesn't have vodka chicken, and i don't see it in the old one. Where do I find that recipe, and can any of these be frozen? Heidi, would your almond chicken be OK frozen?

Amy said...

It's called Mostacciolli with wine sauce or something like that. The african chicken is good frozen. I haven't really tried freezing pasta.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Let's see if it will work this time. This is just for Amy...!

http://john.de-graaff.net/essence/essence_4cdset/3.08 Barbara Streisand - Papa, Can You Hear Me.mp3

Unknown said...

Ok, I just the past 2 nights tried Amy's African Chicken and Trish's Stuffed Chicken because I think they both can freeze and that's what I'm giving Holly for the baby shower I missed yesterday. They were both AWESOME!! I'm going to try Heidi's Chicken Almond pasta today. I have just become the biggest fan of the family recipe book ever. I have to admit, this is the first time I have ever tried one of the recipes without having tasted it first.

Lori said...

Okay, you want fattening, freezable, fantastic and easy. Try Tricia's cheesy chicken! You make it up and freeze it, then put it in the oven when you want to make it. ooey, gooey, yummy!!!

Unknown said...

Mmmmmm! That sounds great!